19 Oct Health Boosting Smoothie
Feel a cold coming on? Feeling tired and lacking energy? Try this health boosting smoothie today!
Packed full of healthy fruits to help you on the road to recovery during the winter months when you are feeling a little under the weather.
This smoothie only has three different fruits in it which are cheap and easy to find, but easy fruit is packed full of goodness and each has its own health benefits to make you feel as right as rain as quickly as possible.
- 2 bananas (it is best if you have peeled them, broken them into pieces and placed them in the freezer overnight so they are cold)
- 2 oranges
- a large handful of grapes
- 2 tblsp of natural yoghurt
- 125ml of orange juice
Put all the fruits into the blender and then add the yoghurt and orange juice. Blitz in the blender until all the ingredients have combined.
What are the health benefits of the fruits in this smoothie?
- Full of Vitamin C
- Lowers Cholesterol
- Boosts a healthy heart
- Fights against viral infections
- Protects the skin
- Provides smart carbs
- High in potassium
- Provides energy for that pre-yoga boost
- Sustains your blood sugar level
- High in fibre
- Mood boosting – triggers the happy hormone in the brain
- Provides anti-oxidents for the body
- Packed full of fibre
- Aids in weight loss
- Protects your heart
- Acts as an anti-inflammatory
- Supports muscle recovery
- Help with diabetes
This smoothie is so quick and easy to make but the health benefits of each of the ingredients is so big that it is definitely worth making when you are in need of a quick and cheap pick me up!