26 Jan Tasty Tofu Skewers
Skewers are something that we often think of as a BBQ treat, but it doesn’t need to be this way!
These tofu vegetable skewers are simple to make, really healthy and do not take long to cook at all. Paired with some brown rice and you have your self a very healthy, filling meal packed with all the nutrients your body needs after a long hard day.
The skewers here are made with tofu but you can easily substitute this with something else such as chicken pieces of Quorn Chicken.
Read below to find out how to make these delicious Tofu Vegetable Skewers.
- Wooden Skewer Sticks (soaked in water to avoid burning).
- 1 Cougette
- 1 bell green pepper
- 1 orange bell pepper
- 1 purple onion
- Pre-heat the oven to around 180 degrees C.
- Take some plain tofu and follow the instructions provided with the tofu to prepare it for cooking.
- Mix all of the ingredients for the marinade together and cover the tofu with it. Allow it to sit in the marinade while you prepare the vegetables.
- Cut the vegetables into good size pieces so they are big enough to stay on the skewer stick.
- Heat the oil in a frying pan and then place the tofu in, lightly frying until cooked.
- Place the vegetables and tofu onto the skewer sticks in any order you would like.
- Place the skewers onto a baking tray and put them in the oven for 20-30mins or until the vegetables are sufficiently cooked.
- Remove from the oven and serve.
Serving suggestion: Cook some brown rice to have on the side.