17 Jul Sun Salutation – Video
The Sun Salutation (or Surya Namaskara) is one of the most well known set of yoga sequences. They are a great way to move every part of your body. It is a perfect sequence if you only have five or ten minutes on the mat or a great way to warm the body and prepare it for the rest of your practice.
Facts about the Sun Salutations:
- A sun salutation consists of 12 moves which are completed twice (once on the right, once on the left) to make a full round
- Traditionally they were carried out during sun rise and sun set.
- In Yoga classes they are usually performed near the beginning of the class as a warm up.
- Three full rounds of the sun salutation are usually completed but 6 is recommended.
- Sun Salutations stretch and move the whole of the body, from head to toe!
- Each movement should be in sync with your breath – link breath and movement.
- Once the Sun Salutation become familiar enough, it can be used as a meditative practice.
How to do the Sun Salutation – Video
Let me know when you practice your Sun Salutations xx