02 Sep Mushroom Pizzas
Want a healthier alternative for pizza that is just as tasty? Well you HAVE to try these gorgeous mushroom pizzas that are so quick and easy to make and taste just like the real thing!
Makes 4 pizzas
– 1 bell pepper (choose your favourite colour)
– 1 red onion
– 6 cherry tomatos
– 1 ball of mozerella
– 2 cups spinach
– 1 tin of chopped tomatoes
– 1tsp Italian spice
– 4 portobello mushrooms
– Cap the mushrooms and scoop out the brown bit inside using a spoon.
– Chop the veggies and lightly fry for a few minutes.
– Pour in the tinned tomatoes and the Italian Spice. Allow to simmer for a few minutes.
– Spoon the vegetable mix into the mushrooms.
– Rip the mozzarella into pieces and add to the top of the mushrooms.
– Bake in the oven on gas mark 6 for around 15-20 minutes.
– Remove from the oven and drain any excess juice from the mushrooms.
– Serve immediatly.
Serving suggestion – Add some rice on the side and the remaining filling that didn’t fit in the pizzas!
I’ve also added some chickpeas in the ones below for an extra protein punch.
Nutritional Values – Per two mushrooms