16 Sep Protein Rock Cakes
In need of a sweet treat that is also helping you reach your daily protein needs? Well you need to try these amazing protein rock cakes that will do just the job!
This is a recipe that I experimented with after making some Oat and Raisin biscuits. I wondered if I took out the bad stuff like sugar and white flour and replaced it with agave nectar and protein powder what would happen – well here it is!
Protein Rock Cakes
Makes 12 cakes
– 100g protein powder (I used chocolate flavour)
– 100g oats
– 100g butter
– 100g raisins
– 1 medium free range egg
– 1tbsp agave nectar
– 1tsp baking powder
– 1tsp cinnamon
– Put the butter and protein powder in a bowl and whisk together.
– Add the agave nectar and egg. Whisk again.
– In a separate bowl mix the oats, baking powder, raisins, cinanamon together.
– Slowly add them to the protein powder and butter mix until it starts to all stick together.
– Place a tbsp of mixture onto a tray with grease proof paper on.
– Bake in the oven on gas mark 4 for around 10-15minutes.
– Remove from the oven and allow the cool.
– Store in an airtight container.
Serving suggestion – Drizzle honey over the rock cake for an extra sweet treat!
Nutritional Values – Per one rock cake