11 Nov The Best Vegan Breakfast – Chocolate Porridge
When the mornings start getting cold, dark and frosty you definitely need something warm to keep you cosy on the inside before you step out into the winter world.
This chocolate porridge made with cacao powder is the perfect healthy breakfast that is so quick to make and will help you to keep you full all morning.
1/2 cup porridge oats
1/2 cup almond milk
1/2 cup of water
1 tsp cacao powder
1/2 tsp agave nectar
1. Pour the oats into a medium saucepan and add the almond milk and water. Begin to cook on a medium heat.
2. Chop 3/4 of the banana into the saucepan. Stir well so that the banana starts to break up into the porridge.
3. Next, put in the cacao powder and stir well.
4. Add in the agave nectar and stir.
5. Keep stirring the mixture as it starts to bubble.
7. When the porridge is a thickness of your liking and the banana has almost disappeared, serve into a bowl. Chop the rest of the banana and add to the top of the porridge.
Perfect with a morning cup of green tea or fruit tea of your choice.